Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Salmon on a stick!

Wow, I had a very busy and eventful day. My mind feels a bit crowded for it all. We left around 12:30 for Newport. Stopped 2 places along the way. Oceana and post office. I walked along the Bayfront for a bit. Felt a little bit out of it. Okay a lot out of it. But wanted to make the best of it. So. My goal for the day was to get some salmon candy! So I went to the fish market to get some. But I realized I left my money in the car. Ooops. So I got - get this ! ------ SALMON ON A STICK! ------ which cracks me up w/ what I did have. It was good! Like smoked salmon chunk on a stick. $3 Healthy and delicious. Went to coffee shop got mediocre chocolate chip cookie. Ick. Went up HUGE STEEP HILL to get back to car and money. Went down hill (much easier this way!) just as I got back to fish market it started raining. I was annoyed! I sat on a bench underneath a covered area (they have outdoor covered seating areas here? A dream come true! And right across the street from where I was?) and called a friend for 10 minutes while I waited for the rain to ease up. Then went back up the hill.

And didn't get too wet. And gave my RM a salmon stick, which she liked very much, said she had never had in the 20 yrs she's been living here. And got Odwalla which makes me happy. Have to order Attune online though. Oh well. And got camera.

Mind feels like mush. But I will try not to think of that. Focus on the good! Salmon on a stick!

Kate

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Salmon on a stick sounds cool. I've never had it. I'd ask you to send me one, but it probably wouldn't taste as good after traveling 3000 miles. ;-)

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Ha! I've been in Oregon 20 years and never had salmon on a stick! Must be a coast thing. Sounds like a (mostly) fun outing!

Kate said...

Ha! My roommate said the same thing, she's also been here 20 years and has never had it. I'm teaching all the Oregonians things about their own state! :) I havent tried the salmon candy yet.... ever hear of that?