Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rambling about today...and Rockfish

So...what did I do today. I used the computer for a couple hrs when I got up....found out SUGARLAND is coming to Bend a few weeks after I get there....for an outdoor concert! Which means I can go! Woohoo. So that was good. Took a walk.... around dusk. Talked to the neighbors next door when I went by as they were out. Found a new country station I seem to be able to get. Heard some good songs on the oldies station, I think. RM got some free fish from someone at her office who fishes, and cooked it tonight. It was rockfish. It was SO good! It was a whitefish, with not much taste by itself, but really good with lemon and some other spices. I really like this whole fish cook I'm on....had it 3 out of the last 4 nights. I hope to get some more salmon later in the week from another market that might have it and try that again, cook it for less time this time, maybe.

Some bank troubles which weren't pleasant but I talked them out with RM and she really helped me to see my options. She is so amazing in every way, in her ability to communicate about everything in such a clear, direct, helpful and always joyful way. I wish I could think of something to do for her! I have given her some of any food I have cooked, like fish, but it's not enough....Maybe one day I can manage to get some fish if I'm in town and cook a whole dinner
for both of us. That would be cool.

I just hope this lasts. I have found perfection and I don't want to leave it. lol.

Tomorrow, going into Newport. Need to make sure bathroom, house is clean before going. Need to be better at turning off lights, I do most of the time but have been forgetting more. And keeping open bathroom door so not as much moisture in there. Okay. I can remember that.

Going to get my Attune bars in town, FINALLY, I never thought it would be so hard to go without them for ten or 12 days. Also some watermelon. Have to stop at the post office first too, I think my camera may be there. Little bit of awkwardness in discussion about how to acually get package from inside post office as neither one of us is good with that sort of thing but I think it ended okay. Need to work up to trying out more places. Maybe when I have more of a sense of security in a couple weeks I will. She said the coffee shop is okay; it's only open till 3, but I'll get there by 2 or 2:30 most likely. Maybe try the coffee shop. Maybe not. We'll see.

Want to try to get some of the salmon candy if I can. Hope the downtown place has it.

If not maybe it will be nice enough weather to try to walk to the other fish market to get some there. Maybe I should start there. Not sure. Maybe decide in morning.

Looked it up. 1.79 mi. A bit much, probably, but we'll see.

Maybe a half an hour walk...Not sure.

Anyway my mind is wandering. I have to go to bed. On Wed I should be able to take pictures with the camera of everything. That will be fun.

I should call the post office in the morning. Ask if they'd bring the package out. Neither one of us is able to go in there safely and since it's a small post office, how much extra time could that take? I don't know, we'll see. Damn post offices, don't know why they didn't leave it in the mailbox, probably too big I guess.

Anyway. Bed!

Kate

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hope you get your camera soon. It will be fun to see pictures of Oregon.