Monday, June 15, 2009

Going to Bend tomorrow!

Well, it's been a long three months, or however long it was since I first met M and devised the plan of going to Bend. A long, long time. A lot of waiting. A lot of planning. A lot of wondering. A lot of worrying. A lot of conversations. And a lot of traveling!

But after three months or so of planning, the time is finally here. The moment has arrived. The reason this blog came into existence is finally being fulfilled. Tomorrow, I AM GOING TO BEND!

I am learning how to bend, in Bend, tomorrow, on the big screen :)

I am fulfilling the goal of a year ago when I sat on the picnic blanket with my friend L and talked about how I yearned to move to an MCS safe opportunity I had found in Bend, which fell through.

A year later, ironically enough, I have found a different opportunity in Bend, and tomorrow, I am going to fulfill that destiny. I am moving to Bend.

Man, it feels good to have history, even if it's just having the image of a city in my head for so long. I don't know what it will be like in reality, but it will be fun to see.

I met M, my new roommate tonight. She came over for dinner. We had salmon and ceaser salad (take out), my absolute favorites. Yum! (They sure don't like to cook the salmon much here, lol, it was very pink.... Nah, but it was still good, but still a bit different than what I am used to...closest yet, though, since it was a salmon fillet...grilled.... yum I love salmon)

ANYWAY. I liked M. I liked her more than I thought I would, even if at first I was very nervous and frustrated because it was hard to get a word in edgewise with the conversation she and RM were having. But then it got better and I was able to join convo. M seems calm and centered and aware of my needs and so far not overwhelmed by me so all good things.

So, tomorrow at noon we leave for my great adventure. Wish me luck! I have go to bed now so I can get some sleep. Should have written this an hour ago, lol.

The Rascal Flatts song "Here" comes to mind. I should bring that CD with me so we can listen in the car. I have an inspirational (not religious but just songs I like) country CD someone burnt for me that always makes me feel better.

Please wish me luck!! Talk to you from Bend next time!!

Until then -

Learning how to bend,
Kate

1 comment:

jess said...

all the best on your new adventure!!