Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow, Snow and More Snow

Skiing to work in the Midwest


Digging out in Portland, Maine

It seems like the whole country is getting pummeled with snow from coast to coast. This is one of the few times I am glad I am not in Maine. They have gotten at least a foot of snow or more in the last storm, along with up to 50 mph winds and single digit temperatures. The town of Eustis, Maine, a small town in western Maine, got THREE AND A HALF FEET. Woah. I tried valiantly to find decent pictures of it, but failed. Portland broke a record with 14 inches. I don't think 14 inches sounds like a record; I could have sworn we got more when I was a kid, but who knows.

All of Seattle has been shut down, as well as Portland, Oregon and most of New England. We only got about maybe 6 inches on Friday and 4 on Sunday; not that much here. Glad for that.

Snow, snow, go away, come back another day! (Or don't.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

We got a very pretty inch of snow here this morning. Not too much is fine by me!

Happy Holidays to you!

Holly said...

Don't tell my son that, for him the more snow the merrier and NO SCHOOL. Plus it is festive during the holidays!! It's the biter cold that I can't stand. In massachusetts it's warming up and the snow is melting...

Happy Holidays to you!

Anonymous said...

It's been snowing here constantly - so much so that I have to shovel the backyard so my pug can go out. :)

This winter sure has been crazy. The snow came a bit late and not under the most desirable conditions...high winds and humidity...eww ouch.

It has warmed up a bit, though. Now it is for the high in the low 20s!

Allison