Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holy Water

102.1 just played Holy Water, by Big and Rich.

Of course they did, lol.

This song has very similar opening notes to many other songs so I can't count the number of times over the years I *thought* a station was playing this, but it never was.

Eventually, I got reconditioned to not think I was hearing this every time I heard those notes.

So, when I heard the opening notes to this, I didn't get excited, but when I heard the first line I did, lol.

This came out in college. Everything came out in college. Every old song they've been playing has memories of college attached. Of course, if I hadn't unfortunately lost my radio posters, which I would be pissed about if I decided to be (not a good use of energy), I would know the time, date, radio station and place of every single time I heard this song in college. Oh well. But I do remember being amazed WPOC was playing it. And loving the words. And being amazed Big and Rich could not only do something serious, but something amazing. I think I might have been walking past the post office in Towson the first time I heard this, but I'm not sure. I have this memory of stopping in place by the post office when they played some new Big and Rich song, and since this was the only amazing song they ever did, it was most likely this one.

Speaking of B and R, what the hell happened to them? Half a dozen top charting singles and never to be heard of again. Guess singing about how much you don't fit into the country genre is not nearly as fun as, well, not fitting into the country genre. :)

Holy Water by Big and Rich

Somewhere there's a stolen halo
I use to watch her wear it well
Everything would shine wherever she would go
But looking at her now you'd never tell

Someone ran away with her innocence
A memory she can't get out of her head
I can only imagine what she's feeling
When she's praying
Kneeling at the edge of her bed

And she says take me away
then take me farther
Surround me now
And hold, hold, hold me like holy water
Holy water

She wants someone to call her angel
Someone to put the light back in her eyes
She's looking through the faces
And unfamiliar places
She needs someone to hear her when she cries

And she says take me away
then take me farther
Surround me now
And hold, hold, hold me like holy water
Holy water

She just needs a little help
To wash away the pain she's felt
She wants to feel the healing hands
Of someone who understands

And she says take me away
then take me farther
Surround me now
And hold, hold, hold me
And she says take me away
then take me farther
Surround me now
And hold, hold, hold me like holy water
Holy water

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, look who figured out the comments!!!

My brother liked that Big and Rich song...the 8th of November (I think that's what it was called). I haven't heard it on the radio in a long time though. Mom likes the Holy Water song. I think it's good, but I like that song...I forget who sings it...hmmm, maybe Mark _____ (last name still coming to me) "Don't Laugh at Me".

-Allison

Kate said...

Someone's up late :)

Well, okay, it's 2 hrs earlier there.

Thanks for leaving your name since it can be hard to figure out who people are if they don't, lol.

8th of November is good; heard that a couple times on this station, too. Once on Veterans Day.

Mark Wills did Don't Laugh at Me, great song. I love it! :)

Thanks for the comment!