Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kudos to 102.1, Paper Angels

Two weeks ago or so I sent 102.1 a VERY long email praising their station. Yea, I couldn't restrain myself. :) At the end of this very long email I told them they had the most tasteful Xmas music selection I had ever heard, but the one thing that would make it perfect was for them to play Paper Angels by Jimmy Wayne, a heart-tugging wonderfully sentimental song that came out maybe 3-4 yrs ago and was hardly played at all. I sent them the video for it in my email.

I didn't hear back from them, not that I really expected to but it would have been nice, and didn't hear the song. Until now. I was just looking up people on Facebook when I heard the opening notes and immediately knew what it was. Love that feeling. Wasn't the studio version, though. It had a live, off feel to it. What do you want to bet they played it off the You Tube video I sent them!!

I could google the video to check but I was on my way to doing something useful, lol.

Kudos to them, now I have to email them to thank them. Maybe they'll respond to a shorter email?

Funny thing is they had a live show earlier tonight, classic country, and I called, and since they were playing Xmas music I was going to request this (but they said no requests). Turns out I didn't have to; it must have been a psychic request or something.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lAgP6JsDPE

Watch it, it's the most beautiful song you'll hear this holiday season.

Remember listening to this on WPOC, WFRE, WMZQ....I think WMZQ had it on for like ten days in a row on their Country Challenge or whatever it was, and I kept going to weird places in Hoffeburger to try to get reception to it. I loved this song when it came out. Now my holiday season is complete: "Grandma," So this is XMas, Christmas Shoes, AND Paper Angels.
Plus one Hanukkah song on Top Shelf.

After every day-after-Thanksgiving sale the malls just ain't complete
Without a bunch of decorations and a paper angel tree
There's artificial tree limbs
Saying what she'd love to have and what to buy for him

Well I hope Maggie likes her new winter clothes and her buggy with a baby doll
And maybe Tom'll smile in his new Nike shoes when he shoots that basketball
I can't help but wishing that I could do more
But not just while I'm shopping in the department store

Paper angels you're in my thoughts and prayers
No matter where you are right now remember God's right there
He's asking all of us to help take care
Of his paper angels everywhere

Going through the mail almost every afternoon I see a Mom and Dad's worst dream
There on the back of a money-saving ad to get my carpet cleaned
Height, weight, hair, eyes, date missin, and DOB
A child's name, picture, and the words 'have you seen me?'

Paper angels you're in my thoughts and prayers
No matter where you are right now remember God's right there
He's asking all of us to help take care
Of his paper angels everywhere

His documented bruises fill a folder in a file
She's a second grade self-portrait drawn without a smile
And every town is littered with this kind of debris
We've got to stop this madness and it's up to you and me

Paper angels you're in my thoughts and prayers
No matter where you are right now remember God's right there
He's asking all of us to help take care
Of his paper angels everywhere

No comments: