Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life in a Northern Town

Three ways you know you're in a northern town:

There was an ad for snowmobile insurance on the radio today. Snowmobile insurance! I wish I could remember the whole text of the ad because it was so funny. It was through All State. "You have to protect your sled..." They must be into it here.

They plow the graveyard. Either that, or it melted in very strategic places.
It wasn't by any means snowless, but someone had made a path to walk in.
Too bad it was getting dark or I would have done the whole thing, but I was very happy to walk in half the graveyard and get some better air than I have been getting on Main Street.

The gym has a sign that says "Boots are not allowed in work out area." Boots are not allowed? Yea, you'd definitely only put that up this early in the season in a place that got a lot of snow.
I hope I do not need boots.

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will definitely need boots in NY. Sneakers and shoes are just too short and snow gets in them. Blah!