Thursday, April 30, 2009

Packing Day 2

The first part of the day went very well- second part awful - Freaking out over clothes now - freaking out - having trouble tolerating the one pair of pants that I can tolerate and have no other tolerable clothes - pray that changes when I get to Oregon - somehow - if I was a praying person I'd pray.
I am listening to Skimbleshanks from CATS to try to relax. Used to love this song. So much.
Packed from 3-5pm. Got everything done. Easily. Didn't even stress over it at all. Never packed so easily in my life or years. First time I've ever packed a day ahead of time and in so little time. Last cross country trip took 5 hrs to pack for because of my worries. This one 2. Why the HELL didn't I quit while I was ahead?
Must not second guess myself.
Must be glad for and honor my decisions.
While it was fun to go out with my friend for a walk I forgot how much effort it takes to go out. I don't know how I forgot but I did. It stressed me out. Disclaimer, I like my friend and I like spending time with him, but there are smells involved in everything, and worries attached to those smells, and I apparently didn't have the energy to keep them out. But much worse than that is that after we walked for 40 minutes, which went by quite quickly, my pants started really bothering me. REALLY BOTHERING ME. They itch so much, it almost hurts to walk in them. So what do I wear on the plane?
I can't wear pants that bother me that much, or can I? Will I stop thinking about them if I am distracted, or will I have nothing to be distracted by?
I don't want to wear my one maybe good pair of pants as I will have nothing clean or comfortable to change into when I get there and I am afraid that will make me panic more than these pants are now.
So the question is basically will I panic less wearing uncomfortable pants but having better pair as backup for Newport, or wearing better pants but then having nothing to wear when I get there, it's a lose lose situation.
ARGH!
I need to go call some airlines.
I need to find a way to relax.
Kate

No comments: