Friday, January 16, 2009

Radio, Granola Bars, and Dealing with MCS

Some more writing that I did last week has just been published on Associated Content, and I will share it with you all in the hopes that you will enjoy it. I have not been able to do anything new this week.

The first article is about the power of radio, and talks about how good radio used to be - what happened? If you're a radio fan, you will enjoy this.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1368064/the_power_of_radio_how_to_make_listeners.html?cat=35

If you are looking for a healthy and tasty snack, perhaps one that you can give your kids and know they are getting something healthy without any added preservatives or junk, and something that actually tastes good, you might want to try Attune probiotic granola bars. That's right, it's a granola bar, that comes in all kinds of flavors, with probiotics added in. To learn more, please read:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1364936/attune_granola_chocolate_bars_healthy.html?cat=5

And finally, for those of you with multiple chemical sensitivity, people who know someone with it, or those who just want to know more about it, you won't want to miss "Ten Ways Not to Go Crazy with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity." I think they edited the title for length, but I like mine better.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1367834/multiple_chemical_sensitivity_how_to.html?cat=70

And that's all for now! Comments welcome.

Kate

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to see if I can find those granola bars - they sound really good!

Liberty said...

I read your article about MCS and wanted to say how much I really loved your focus on the positive. I love lists so I really liked the suggestions of writing lists of positives, gratitudes etc.
I do also find that having some basic structure helps keep down the intensity of depression. Neat article! Thanks for sharing it.
p.s. kind of neat how your blog has the word 'liberty' in it and we both have MCS LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! very good articles

Mokihana Calizar said...

I enjoyed reading your radio and MCS articles. Interactive radio ... that could happen again, I'd love to hear more of it too. Your MCS List is a great reminder, coming from one who lives it, to seek out the positives in every day. I'm coming out of a bout with exposure malaise, being sensitive to a-z, and yet today I was out shopping for good food, and enjoyed a long walk. It's a journey of unknowns and I'm glad to spend a few minutes of this day reading your take on it. Thanks I'm liking this. Mokihana

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

Hope all is well with you. I've got a blog award for you over at my blog!

Anonymous said...

Kate, I saw your comment over at StaicVox and wanted to recommend this Blog, written by an Aspie Mom. I thought you might enjoy it. I found her and StatMom within a Week of each other, and I often confuse there blogs, and love them both.

http://confessionsofaquirkymom.blogspot.com/

Jeanne said...

Kate,

I'm looking at a site with podcasts/archived radio shows and saw Asperger Syndrome mentioned.

It made me think of you so I wanted to give you the link in case you're interested:

http://www.disabilitynewsradio.com/past_shows.html

Jeanne