Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Internet: An Education About the World

I was thinking the other night how amazing the Internet can be - in the course of one night, just wandering around the Internet without any particular goal or direction in mind, I read a first person account of life during the war in Israel, found out that ripe bananas will turn blue when exposed to UV light, and read a discussion about if there should be an option for people who are intersex (don't identify with one gender) to not declare their gender on Facebook. Plus probably several other issues or topics that I can't remember. The diversity, breadth, and easy ability to learn in depth about almost any topic without really even trying on the Internet is amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I have often said that the Internet is my favorite invention ever. I love the wealth of knowledge and information that is right at our fingertips.