Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Food in Missoula, Montana

I wrote two more Associated Content articles on my favorite hangouts when I lived in Missoula (Montana). I am trying to publicize them because the more clicks you get, the more money you get! Normally I wouldn't even try because it seems like an impossible task, and you get a small amount of money upfront for writing them, but it told me I had 119 clicks on the Maine one and $2 from it, and like 8 clicks or something for the Bernice's one and 19 cents, and that really motivated me to find a way to increase the amount of people who see them. So I actually went on Livejournal, found relevant Maine and Montana communities, and posted the links on there. Since I have never used LiveJournal in my life and hate it, I think that was a pretty creative thing to do. Then I posted them on Facebook, and now I'm posting them here. Woohoo for publicity.

There are only three articles posted so far, but I have about six more waiting to be reviewed. I think it takes like a week. And then I can post the links to those, too.

And try not to obsess about it too much because if I worry too much about page views I will drive myself crazy and we all know I do a good enough job of that as it is.

Anyway. If you would like to read about a stellar bakery and natural food store in Missoula, or you would just like to read more of my writing :), please go here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1303038/come_home_to_bernices_bakery_in_missoula.html?cat=22

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1300809/good_food_the_wonders_of_natural_food.html?cat=7

Comments are welcome especially from the one....one or two people from Missoula I know read this blog? And from everyone else.

I make myself so stressed out over nothing. I got excited about trying to write more and promote but then I got so stressed out over it. It's not worth getting stressed out over. It's writing. It should be fun. But I get stressed anyway.

Whatever. At least I got it done.

Kate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try not to stress about it, Kate - you're a good writer and you like writing, and that's the important thing. If I lived in Missoula, I would definitely go to those places after reading what you wrote!

Anna's Spot said...

Hi Kate,
I am sorry it took me so long to respond from my Guestbook. I finally figured it out. I am going to add you to my blogroll. I love your site and hope you are having a beautiful evening.
Hugs
Anna

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Bernice's... I do enjoy the outside (more and more each time I pass by) but I still have not worked up the courage to go inside. But reading your review was like being there in my mind and mouth. Mmmm, maybe this spring I will step inside.

And excellent description of Good Food! I love the side that doesn't have the smoothie blender thing. :)

Allison (was I obvious? lol)

Anonymous said...

I'm actually editing a novel I've written that takes place in Missoula--my heroine works in a coffee house so far, but I think I'll change it to your natural eatery! How delightful! Thanks for sharing this! Do you have any more information on how it looks? You describe the architecture-- I lived in Missoula back in the late 1970s, traveled through there again in 1999 (what a difference!), and it's such a neat town! If only it wasn't in Snow Territory, I'd love to live there!