Monday, December 14, 2009

Portland Day Two, and meeting Curry

Curry, the MCS person I found, took me into Portland today. The day got off to a not so good start due to some things happening in the house. We talked for 90 minutes. It was good to talk. Then I only had 90 min till I was going to meet Nate and Rob. But even though it was dark I still enjoyed Portland. At first I wonderd if I would but it is impossible not to. I got into it. I went from, the Eastland on upper Congress, down to Monument Square, down to Exchange, and of course stopped at the park by O'Naturals and did some curb walking. Love those curbs. White Liar came on and I did genuinely enjoy myself for those 5 in or so. Then continuing down Exchange, Moulton, the water, and over to Standard Baking on Commercial, but I didn't stop there. The new shoes are working great - last time I had HAD it by then and it took like a long time. This time it went by like nothing. I continued walking past SB on Commercial, not even sure or remembering what I'd find; turned to walk back up by the hotel and was surprised to see the huge indoor swimming pool at the hotel that stretches the full length of one wall. Walked up, turned when I got to the street where Fore Street (the restaurant) is, walked down there a while, my body enjoying the intuitive feel of turning corners and alleyways that it's done so many times they are inscribed in my heart and brain automatically. It was dark, I could hardly see, there weren't as many lights as in some parts and with my glasses the way theey are - but my body knew these streets intuitively. My mind didn't remember where I was going other than vaguely , but my body did. It was a great feeling. These are my streets. Bon Jovi - Who says you cant go home. I heard it when I got to Whole foods. So, down Fore Street, all the way; in fact when I got back to Moulton I decided to keep going, all the way past the candy shop, peer in the window, all the way till it met with the street that intersects with Wharf, down there, across Wharf, got to see all the restaurants back doors , peek in their kitchens, past Chocolate Bar Cafe, down the cobblestones, walk on the curb, till I ended back on Moulton again - how's that for a perfect square! Up Exchange and decided to do a right on Middle all the way down where Maple's and Movie Exchange is, and back again, up exchange, to the beautiful building with the clock on it, making sure to go three or so blocks EAST this time, past the City Hall even, looking for Pearl as I remembred that's the street that goes to Whole Foods directly. Dark and could hardly see where I was going , but a feeling of confidence in my heart. This is my city. I am going down to the water, what could go wrong, I know about where I'm going. :) WF directly at bottom. Love it - inuitive, effortless, walking around Portland is just like I said before, a mandala.

So at least one hour good. Worried about several other things but what can I do? Worried about smell downstairs but it will go away I know it; worried abiut computer and being abel to use it; worried about othet things; they will be fine, it will be fine, I will find a way to make it ok. Need to make appt with dr and see if they can help me. Call food stamps. Do SOEMTHING proactive tomorrow. Driving me insane not to. We'll see what happens. I can't freak out. Take one day at a time. Not everyday will besame as last.

Nate is getting me a toaster ovenwith broil function from CL, Oh, and it's all metal and glass, and metal doesnt offgass, so thats very good. I hope it doesn't offgass. And I hope it works. It would be great to have an easy way to cook things. Stick a steak in there and take it out ten minutes, now thats the easy way of cooking. Hope the smell does not bother Michael as it did last time.

That would be nice to hsve one thing solved

Need to have hope and not give int oworry
Kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite an excursion. Walking is always good for stress and for keeping your mind off things.

Please let me know how you are doing with my book. I need to get it back as soon as possible

Thanks,
Rachel