Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fore River Sanctuary

Alright, I am frazzled as usual. What else is new. Went on winter hiking expedition with Nate and Rob today. Found trail in middle of busy intersection on Westbrook Portland line. Nate and I thought there was no way a trail existed there but Rob found it! Man he was good. He found it. We walked it for about half an hour. Varried terrain, not as flat as I might have wanted but not steep either, a bit icy, but it worked. Saw a frozen Fore River. Heard ice cracking. Beautiful to be out in nature like that even if a bit cold. Nice to do something together. When we crossed a stream frozen over or a puddle or whatever I said "But is it safe?" And Nate said "Only if you don't walk on it!" Ha, I thought that was funny. We found a non icy spot to cross. So. Then we had dinner at Whole Foods. I am thankful for them. Much of my life is in dissaray and I am faced with lots of issues that I need to take action on but at least there are bright spots. Going to visit my parents tomorrow. For a couple days. Hope that goes okay. Night.

No comments: